Bean and Sausage Soup
It’s cold and snowy here in Michigan, which means it’s perfect weather for SOUP! I recently was given a whole bunch of my grandma’s recipes – all favorites of our family from our growing up years. If you read my most recent post about my New Year Real Food goals, you saw that one of them was to re-vamp some of her recipes to be Real Food-friendly.
I started with this Bean & Sausage soup. I made some slight adjustments and it was a hit with my kids and hubby. It’s super easy and very tasty. Enjoy!
Bean & Sausage Soup
1 Cup Great Northern or other white beans, soaked overnight and drained (Buy Beans here)
4 cups water
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced fine
3 medium carrots, peeled and diced fine
1 large onion, diced fine
3 stalks celery, diced fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb smoked Polish sausage, sliced then diced
Put beans in pot with 4 cups of water and put on to simmer over medium heat.
Simmer until beans are barely tender.
Add broth, vegetables, garlic and sausage.
Season to taste.
Simmer 4 to 5 hours to bring out flavor.
Good reheated up to 4 days later.
- This Week's Meal Plans - 1/11/16 - Real Food Eater - […] Bean and Sausage soup, homemade […]
- 10 Money Saving Tips for Real Food Eaters - Real Food Eater - […] of my bean-containing recipes: Beef & Bean Casserole, Bean & Sausage Soup, Homemade […]
- 20 Favorite Fall Soups & Stews » Real Food Eater - [...] Bean & Sausage Soup [...]
- 64 Nourishing Soups For Fall - [...] Bean and Sausage Soup [...]
- Keep It Real Thursdays - Soups ON! | beyondthepeel.net - [...] Real Food Eater [...]
- My 6 New Year Real Food Goals - Real Food Eater - [...] into more Real Food friendly creations, so stay tuned as I share some of them. I’m making a Bean…