Butternut Squash Soup
I have learned to sort of “wing it” when making my own soup. A lot of times when I cook, I look up recipes in the realm of what I am trying to create. Then I sort of add my own twist while (loosely) keeping those recipes in mind. That is how I came up with this recipe.
Hope you like it!!!
2 butternut squash
1 small onion, diced
several garlic cloves, minced (add more or less depending on preference)
2-3 apples, peeled and cut in small chunks
coconut oil– for sauteeing ( buy coconut products)
1 can of coconut milk (buy coconut products)
ginger, salt and a natural sweetener, to taste (I usually use sucanat – where to buy Sweeteners).
1. Cut the butternut squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds (you can roast them and use them as a garnish on the soup if you’d like!).
2. Cut squash into 4 pieces and put in a baking dish. I cooked them at 350 until they were soft. OR, you can peel and dice the squash and put them right in pan with onions/garlic and cook until they are soft.
3. Next, saute the onion and garlic and apples in a bit of coconut oil until they are mostly soft.
5. Finally, add some ground ginger, salt and a little sucanat to taste.
6. Top with a dallop of sour cream, if desired!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which when clicked, could earn a small commission for me. Thanks!
This is shared at: Fat Tuesday, Living Green Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Family Table Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Hearth & Soul Blog Hop, Tasty Tuesdays, Nap-time Creations, Frugal Tuesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Wednesday Fresh Foods, Real Food Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Party Wave Wednesday, Fight Back Friday, Friday Favorites, Simple Meals Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Foodie Friday, Simple Lives Thursday
- 20 Favorite Fall Soups & Stews » Real Food Eater - [...] Butternut Squash Soup II [...]
- Monday Meal Plan & Recipe Share - 9-23-13 » Real Food Eater - [...] Butternut Squash Soup with [...]
- 64 Nourishing Soups For Fall - [...] Butternut Squash Soup [...]