One of my favorite meals is stir-fry. I always loved Chinese food for that reason. I have been trying to make that perfect-tasting sauce at home, as well as get those veggies perfectly cooked yet still with a bit of crunch to them.
3. Next, saute/steam the veggies in some chicken broth – I put the carrots in first since they take the longest….after a couple minutes I add the garlic, onions and broccoli….adding mushrooms right at the end. Cooking time depends on how crunchy/mushy you like your veggies. Just keep tasting them as they cook.
4. In the meantime, in a small bowl mix the soy sauce (about 1/2 cup) along with about 1/4 cup cold water….and stir in about 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
5. When veggies are ALMOST cooked to your liking, add the chicken in.
6. Next, with heat still at the medium level, stir in the soy sauce mixture and stir until thickened.
7. Stir in basil and ginger to taste – then add more chicken broth if too thick and more soy sauce if more needed. Sprinkle in a little natural sweetener (or a dallop of honey) and stir well.
8. Serve over rice!