Raw Milk Reasons – Part 1: Intro
Have you heard or said any of the following?
“Raw milk isn’t safe.”
“Well, I hope your kids don’t get sick from drinking it.”
“I wish we could, but my husband would never let us drink raw milk.”
“Aren’t you worried about feeding that to your family?”
These are all comments I have heard from others when they find out we only use raw milk at our house. I’m not someone who goes around broadcasting the fact that we get our milk straight from the farm (and cow) as I’d rather not get into arguments. I like to keep things peaceful.
But, as I have become more educated and passionate about our reasons for choosing raw milk, I am now less inclined to avoid a discussion about it. In my experience, the fears and uncertainty people have about drinking raw milk is mostly due to a lack of information. I was in their exact spot many years ago. The thought of drinking fresh milk scared me…..and I probably could have made any of the above comments myself.
Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be interspersing a series of posts on Raw Milk – or as I like to call it “fresh milk” or even better, “real milk”!
I know some of my readers will already know a lot of the information I will be sharing. They are the very reasons you’ve already made the switch to Real Milk. But my assumption is that there are a number of you who are newer to the “Real Food” lifestyle and especially the idea of drinking milk fresh from the farm. Mainly, these posts will be for you.
I’ll cover topics like:
– the benefits of drinking raw milk
– the history of pasteurization
– where to find raw milk
– common questions/concerns surrounding raw milk
– and probably a few more!
I would love to hear from you! Do you drink fresh milk? If not, why not? What are your fears or what info would you need to consider switching? If you DO, what do you appreciate about it? Leave a comment below – I’d love to incorporate these comments and questions into my upcoming blog posts!
- Real Food Testimonies: Meet Nourishing Mama! » Real Food Eater - [...] I was continuing to do research and watch our food. I had signed up for a free podcast on…
- Raw Milk Reasons - Part 3: Why We Drink it and a Great Visual on Why Raw Milk is Better - Real Food Eater - [...] If you missed Part 1: Intro to Raw Milk, read it here. [...]
- Karen De Coster » More Raw Milk Alarmism - [...] Part 2 of the article is is here ,and Part 1 can be found here. [...]
- Raw Milk Reasons: Part 2 - What is Raw Milk and Why Pasteurize it? - Real Food Eater - [...] including where to find raw milk, cost, how to know if a farm is safe, etc. If you missed…
- Tuesday's Tidbits - Real Food Eater - [...] 4. Lastly, check out Butter Believer’s great post on something a lot of people believe: Think Fat-Free Milk is Healthy?…