This is a quick go-to meal for those busy nights when you still want to feed your family a nourishing meal. I was first inspired to make it based on the recipe over at Passionate Homemaking. I’ve changed this up a bit to fit our families preferences.
*Add a side of Zesty Roasted Potatoes and a side salad for a perfect meal!
6 slices bread (preferably homemade) – I use fermented organic bread from Little Rooster
2 (6oz) cans wild-caught salmon (leftover salmon works well too!)
1/4 cup organic mayonnaise (or homemade)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
shredded sharp cheddar cheese (preferably raw)
2. Place slices of bread on a baking sheet and divide salmon mixture evenly on top of each one.
3. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Broil for several minutes until cheese starts to bubble and turn light brown.
Serve and enjoy hot!
- My October 2016 Meal Plan - Real Food Eater - […] – Salmon Melts, Zesty Roasted Potatoes, […]
- Meal Plan Monday - 2/29/16 - Real Food Eater - […] Salmon Melts, Zesty Roasted Potatoes, […]
- Monday Meal Plan & Recipe Share - 2/3/14 » Real Food Eater - [...] Salmon Melts, Salad, Zesty Roasted [...]