Smoked Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
Lately I’ve been hooked on making sheet pan dinners.
Have you heard of them? If not, do a search on Pinterest and you’ll find there are entire boards dedicated to them!
Not only are they easy and tasty, but the bonus is that there is less cleanup afterwards. YAY!
When I make them, I don’t necessarily follow any recipe but rather I use whatever I have in the fridge at the time. While this would work with ONLY veggies or with other types of meats added in, we really love it with smoked polish sausage from a local farm which raises grassfed and pastured animals.
Go ahead and get creative! Some additional veggie ideas that you could try adding in: zucchini, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, etc. Really, just use whatever you have in your fridge.
Here are the easy-to-follow steps for making your own Smoked Sausage and Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Cut up meat/veggies and place it in a big bowl.
For this dinner I used onions, beets, butternut squash, halved brussels sprouts & smoked polish sausage.
3. Next, drizzle with olive oil and toss.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer meat/veggie mixture onto it, spreading it out.
5. Then sprinkle with your favorite seasonings (I used Real Salt and an All-Purpose Seasoning).
6. Bake in oven until veggies are at desired tenderness (less than 30 min), tossing occasionally.
To kick it up a notch, LIGHTLY drizzle with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup near the end of the baking time.
Note: If you are using “soft” veggies like zucchini or mushrooms, I recommend putting them in a separate bowl and adding them about halfway through the cooking so they don’t end up mushy and burnt.
Give it a try and come back and let me know how you liked it and which combinations you used!