Many of you may know that I organize a local Buying Club. It has been a GREAT way to get higher quality food for better prices. Basically a bunch of families band together and order in larger amounts, therefore getting better prices and free delivery. (You can read more about why you’d want to Join a Buying Club here).
One of the sources that we have been shopping with is a newer, online company called the Green PolkaDot Box. I love them because they are non-GMO and most of their products are organic.*Update: I now shop with Thrive Market, with better prices! They also give a family in need a FREE membership with each normally purchased one. Check out Thrive Market here!
Here’s a picture of what I got. Now, it’s a little more “processed” food that I usually buy, but it’s a compromise. It is all organic and GMO-free and I can recognize all of the ingredients. With 3 of my 4 kids in school, I needed a stash of easy-to-grab snack items for those moments when you need an option quickly.
In my box today, I got:
• Late July cheddar crackers and organic peanut butter crackers
• Annie’s organic mac & cheese
• a jar of organic kombucha (I haven’t yet gotten into making my own, but I know I should)
• organic raspberry jam
• canned organic garbanzo beans (because I forgot to order the 5lb bag of dried ones through our other buying club source! AH! It would mean living without Homemade Hummus!)
• tomato paste in glass jars (it avoids the BPA-lined cans)
• recyclable paper plates (to use for an upcoming birthday party celebration, instead of having to do dishes)
AND, last but not least….
• organic, Vitamin C lollipops. These are all-out bribes for my 2 1/2 year old son who so far has refused to potty train. At all. We’ll see if they work.
ALSO, I want to share who the winner of the $25 gift certificate from Laptop Lunches is:
Congrats to Entry #322 – Kelly T.
Kelly and I have already been in touch and she is looking forward to spending her $25 on their site.
Thank you to all who entered. Please top over at the Laptop Lunches site and do some more looking (and SHOPPING) around!