Zesty Roasted Potatoes
These potatoes are a yummy and relatively easy to make. My kids DEVOUR them. They go well as a side dish with any meat or fish. In fact, we had them most recently with Salmon Melts (recipe coming soon).
This was inspired by the Rosemary Mustard Roasted Potatoes in the Cooking New American cookbook <—- one of my favorites, although I have a lot of them.
Am I the only one that has a cookbook-hoarding problem?
Either way, you can use really any type of potato (red, yellow, etc) for this recipe. Experiment with other flavors and seasonings, too. I like to cook them until they are nicely crispy on the outside, but you can vary based on your preference.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Wash and cut potatoes into chunks. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic cloves, and dijon mustard.
- Add potatoes to mixture and toss until coated evenly.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper (or put directly on pan) and spread potatoes evenly.
- Sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper seasoning and salt to taste.
- Roast in oven for 40-50 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes or so, until browned evenly and desired crispiness is achieved. Serve warm.
- My kids like to dip theirs in ketchup!
This post contains affiliate links which, when clicked, can result in a commission for me.
- Salmon Melts » Real Food Eater - [...] a side of Zesty Roasted Potatoes and a side salad for a perfect [...]